Vernon Township Indiana
Vernon Township Indiana is here to help you if you are in a financial emergency situation. We can provide financial help for rent and utilities if you have an eviction or disconnect notice.
Our team will also refer you to additional resources, training programs and local charities to help you get back on track.
If you are in need of township assistance, please contact our office to set up an appointment.
You can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 317.485.7327 ext 1
Eligibility for assistance is determined on a case by case basis but everyone needs to meet the following criteria:
1. Be a Vernon Township Resident.
2. Provide completed forms and documents required for the application (see list below).
3. Sign application form - All adults in the household must sign the form.
4. Meet with the Township Assistance intake coordinator.
Application Process (As of March 1st, 2019)
Step 1: Fill out the application form in advance if possible to speed up the process. If you need help,this can also be done during your appointment.
All adults in the household must sign the application form. Including adult children.
You can either download it (button at the top right of your screen) or pick up a copy anytime in the entrance of the township office 700 W. Broadway St Fortville IN.
Step 2: Gather all the required documents (see list below). Your application will not be considered until all the required documents are presented.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment with the Trustee's office either by email
or by phone 317- 485-7327 ext 1
Step 4: Interview (1 hour)
Our Township Assistance Intake Coordinator will review your application and documents submitted carefully. Once the review process is done, you will be invited to answer questions we may have regarding the application.
Step 5: The Trustee has up to 3 business days to make a decision on your case after all information has been provided.
Step 6: If approved, you will be notified by phone or email and asked to come by the office to sign final paperwork. We will then handle the payment directly to the vendor.
If denied you can appeal at the Hancock County Commissioner's office.
List of Required Documents:
1. Form TA-1 completed and signed by all adults in the household. Fill out the application form in advance if possible to speed up the process. If you need help,this can also be done during your appointment. You can either download it (button at the top right of your screen) or pick up a copy anytime in the entrance of the township office 700 W. Broadway St Fortville IN.
2. Proof of Residency (Valid driver's license, Indiana ID Card, bill or bank statement).
3. Social Security cards for all members of the household. If Social Security card is lost, please submit proof or renewal request.
4. Copy of birth certificates of all children in the household.
5. Proof of all income for the last 30 days for every person over the age of 18 and not attending school (Pay stub, unemployment benefits, State assistance, Child support, Disability, Food Stamps etc).
6. Bank Statements (Checking and Savings) showing transactions of the last 60 days (including transactions between your last statement and appointment date).
7. Current lease or most recent mortgage statement.
8. Copies of bills for which assistance is requested showing the disconnect or eviction notice.
9. Medical information (If Applicable) : Doctor's statement pertaining to the illness or disability.
Vernon Township Office
700 W. Broadway St.
Fortville, IN 46040
Hours for Township Assistance Walk-in:
Monday - Thursday
8:45am - 10:15am
If you need to meet outside of these hours, please contact us to request an appointment: